Slice of CherrySlice of Cherry (Portero, #2)Description from Goodreads.com
Kit and Fancy Cordelle are sisters of the best kind: best friends, best confidantes, and best accomplices. The daughters of the infamous Bonesaw Killer, Kit and Fancy are used to feeling like outsiders, and that’s just the way they like it. But in Portero, where the weird and wild run rampant, the Cordelle sisters are hardly the oddest or most dangerous creatures around.
It’s no surprise when Kit and Fancy start to give in to their deepest desire—the desire to kill. What starts as a fascination with slicing open and stitching up quickly spirals into a gratifying murder spree. Of course, the sisters aren’t killing just anyone, only the people who truly deserve it. But the girls have learned from the mistakes of their father, and know that a shred of evidence could get them caught. So when Fancy stumbles upon a mysterious and invisible doorway to another world, she opens a door to endless possibilities….
    I want to take a precious moment to just bow down to the cover artists Cara E Petrus, Michael Frost and Jonathan Dorfman for the absolutely amazing cover. I spent the extra money for a Hardback copy of this book just to have it's beauty displayed on my shelves. So thank you for your genious.
    Now onto the book: Crazy, out of this world, gruesome, unbelievable, abnoxious, jaw-dropping amazement. I thought that bleeding violet was a "trip" in writing but Dia Reeves has out-done herself with this one.    
   Let me explain some of those words further. Unbelievable and Jaw dropping are actually being used as the same term here. I was shocked during parts of the book and speechless when trying to draft this review. All I can really say is "I can't believe she just did that." was what I was repeating in my mind every chapter of this book. It was more gruesome that bleeding violet, the main characters were not your next door neighbor type of girls, they are vicious and really un-likeable and abnoxious. But it adds to the story, these terms are not to be meant in a negative way. I would recommend her first novel Bleeding Violet to be read first even though they are not a series, but it's a good beginner step to get used to this author's type of writing style. I don't think I have ever picked up anything so weird, ever. And I just use the word weird because like I said I'm kinda speechless after finishing this one.  I never acutally thought I would refer to Bleeding Violet as a more "tame' novel..but I think I just did

Comments