Book APP Review! Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!



http://www.quirkbooks.com/ppzapp

Special $4.99 limited time promotional price at launch!
"Winners of the 2010 Publishing Innovation Award, PadWorx did an awesome job transforming PPZ into an interactive ebook. Special features include:

Hundreds of illustrated pages full of interactive, zombie mayhem.
Buckets of gory animation.
An original musical score and sound effects.
Complete text of Pride & Prejudice & Zombies AND Jane Austen's original classic!

That's right, the original classic is also included in the app. You can hold your device right side up to enjoy PPZ, turn it upside down for the original Austen classic, OR turn it 90 degrees to read both novels side-by-side! Crazy! "

I have never reviewed an app before, but since this is a book app I thought I should! I loved this trilogy and when I saw they had an app coming out I couldn't turn it down especially because for $5 you can have the original version of the book as well as the interactive re-written Zombie version of the book...WITH ANIMATION!?!
The App starts off with Zombies crawling around, kind of gory. Then it leads you into reading the story. Some of the pages are animated, like you can open and close a window or play the piano keys.
There is sound along with the app that I had to turn down most of the way to acutally read the story, but I thought it was a fun addition.
It allows you to compare the original story along side the Zombified story to see what was changed on those pages.
Sometimes the turning of the pages was not as smooth as I expected and the music would turn off and on again during the page turning and sometimes I had to ask it to turn the page a couple of times before it would do it.
As the app is in color the bloody scenes are fantastically red and gory.
There were a few pages that were blank and no matter how much tapping I did on the screen I am not sure if something was supposed to happen or not with animation.
Overall it was a very fun interatctive reading APP. I am giving it 4 stars altogether and right now it's on sale for $5 so that is a great price for both the classic book, the Zombified book and the animation it does contain. I'm sure any of the gliches are easily fixed and an automatic update might make it go a little smoother.
This is a perfect APP for Halloween readers and I do hear the price is just for a limited time. If you love this series or want to try it out and you have an iphone, itouch or ipad you should get it

Comments