Hallowed by Cynthia Hand



For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

In this compelling sequel to "Unearthly," Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.

Warning: There may be a spoiler to Unearthly!!!!

Man, I hate when a book makes me cry. I felt so bad while reading this book, it was just one thing after another being done to Clara. She is still having a hard time dealing with the fact she messed up her calling in Unearthly (book 1) then the black wing is still causing trouble, her brother is acting weird, Tucker and her are having issues and above it all her mother..(no spoilers please!)
I was overwhelmed with emotions throughout this whole book. I was always a Tucker fan, and I learned to appreciate Christian more in this book, but really hated for the jealousy that arose in Tucker because of all the time Clara was spending with the Angel Club and Christian in particular.
This whole story made my heart hurt and when it ended there was no cliffhanger, but still a lot of questions on what could possibly happen next.
What I enjoyed was the writing, this story had me crying, it was so emotional that I was just not expecting. I loved being introduced to Clara's father. He seems really strong and confident. I also loved the introduction to Billy. Billy is an awesome best friend to Clara's mother, very strong and reminded me a lot of who Clara's mother was in the first book. I hope that she is a prominent character in the next one as well.
I am not usually one that praises books that remind me of soap operas. The drama and the angst in most books really put me over the edge as a reader, but I have no qualms at all about how this story was approached. Although it broke my heart several times and I even needed to reach for the tissues. I loved it.
5 stars

Comments

Post a Comment

What do you think?