Angel Evolution by David Estes



When Taylor meets Gabriel at college, she is in awe of the subtle glow that surrounds him. No one else, not even her best friend, seems to notice.

Something about him scares her.

Is all as it appears? While Taylor struggles for answers, she finds herself in the middle of a century old war centered on one miraculous revelation: evolution


Yay! an Angels and Demons story that was not too preachy and overrun with religious overtones. Right up my ally. There is something that irks me about getting preached to when your trying to read a good story. Not that it is always a bad thing, but very hard for an author to do without clearly portraying which religion they are and bending the story in that direction.
So, for the author to approach it taking a step back from that aspect and putting a more human touch on the two, appealed to me. As somebody who has read their fair share of angel and demon books over the last year in recent teen trend, it was a very nice change.
I enjoyed the characters in this story. I was a big fan of all of them and couldn't really pick a favorite (although I am leaning towards Sam the best friend)
It is really easy for us to understand that when you are presented with something out of this world, you are in awe. But as new things are brought into the story, Taylor becomes unsure and a little indecisive. I can understand that, if I try to put myself in the situation, I'm sure I'd be the same way. But you have to admire a person who can stick to a decision once they finally make it. As far as any of the characters go the MC Taylor could use a little bit more punch and depth, but overall I still enjoyed her. I read through this story so fast that I just disappeared into it for several hours, a book that I will read again. Another story in which I like the way the love interest/romance was handled and for $1 on kindle, well worth it.
The thing that will keep me picking up an authors book is how unpredictable the plot twists are, not a cliffhanger. This book was one that you think you see what's coming, but your wrong. And that is what will keep me reading other works by the author, and take the time to tell you as well that I enjoyed it, and I think you will to. 4 stars

Comments