Wander Dust (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy #1) by Michelle Warren




Ever since her sixteenth birthday, strange things keep happening to Seraphina Parrish.

The Lady in Black… burns Sera’s memories.

Unexplainable Premonitions… catapult her to other cities.

The Grungy Gang… wants to kill her.

And a beautiful, mysterious boy… stalks her.

But when Sera moves to Chicago, and her aunt reveals their family connection to a centuries old, secret society, she is immediately thrust into an unbelievable fantasy world, leading her on a quest to unravel the mysteries that plague her. In the end, their meanings crash into an epic struggle of loyalty and betrayal, and she’ll be forced to choose between the boy who has stolen her heart and the thing she desires most.

Wander Dust is the breathtaking fantasy that will catapult you through a story of time, adventure, and love




When I started getting into the story I guess I didn't realize how much time travel would play a role. It mentioned it in the summary but didn't really realize it until I got into the story. I haven't read many books that include time travel in it and this one was interesting. It was written like a paranormal teen story, but with the addition of time travel gave it a more interesting and unique twist.
Although I enjoyed the story and the characters, I didn't feel the gripping power I was hoping for in the writing. I wasn't exactly thinking about the story when I had to put it down, but I did always come back to it until it was finished.
The concepts of secret societies and the danger that she faces is all really fascinating and I really like the idea behind the story, I am not sure why I wasn't completely gripped with the story and the characters and root for them as much as I wanted to, but the legend/mythology it touches on and powers and plot is unique and interesting.
I would recommend this book to fans of Tempest by Julie Cross

Comments