Dominion by Melody Manful

I Dare You.
Look Over Your Shoulders.
Do You See Them?
They are behind you...
They are always behind you.

Abigail Cells had a nightmare the day before she met Gideon, the new guy in school who has every girl drooling just to be near him. In her nightmare, she was murdered by a magical creature. As she gets to know Gideon, she begins to remember pieces of her nightmare, and was shocked when Gideon turned out to be the creature from her nightmare. Who is Gideon really, should Abby allow herself to fall completely for him, or is he the next disaster waiting to happen?


http://www.facebook.com/guardiananagelsaga
http://www.melodymanful.com/
http://guardiansaga.wix.com/guardianangelseries#!home/mainPage

Excerpt: Prologue
I should have called the police the moment I woke up, but what was I going to say: “Hello. 911. Help. I think I’m going to die because I had a dream that I died?” Yeah, even in my head I sounded ridiculous.
What happened to me was horrifying. It still is. But you won’t read about it in the newspapers, because it never happened.
“It was only a dream.” That was what everyone kept telling me. Nevertheless, they were wrong. What happened to me wasn’t a dream. I was living it. I died that night. I was murdered in a firestorm.
Yet, where I am, I’m alive.
One single white lie isn’t supposed to bring with it a lifetime of obstacles, right?
Wrong!
I lied. I said ‘Yes,’ when I was supposed to say ‘No’, and that was how I got here.
I committed a crime. Handcuff me. Sentence me to life. Execute me. Trust me, death will be a vacation compared to the punishment I’m serving.
“You’re such a terrible liar, Abigail.” This is what everyone I know says whenever I try to key up a lie. Then again, what does everyone I know, know for sure? Nothing!
I wasn’t crazy. No, honestly, before I found myself in ‘wackoland’ I was a walking ray of sunshine. Everything in my over-idolized life was perfect.
Until he came.
First, I thought. Finally. Someone to chase away the monsters underneath my bed, but as it turned out, he didn’t come to chase them away. He was it.
My guardian angel.
____________________________________________________________________________________

This story really does have a fully formed love triangle. I was constantly going back and forth on which boy was the right one for Abigail, but the author really did have a way to get the reader to lean towards the bad boy in this one. Gideon really is the boy that may not be the perfect fit for the heroine, but there is just something about him that will draw the reader in and love him as much as you should be hating him. But your still not sure you don't want her to be with the good guy either.

There are a lot of parts where Abigail is constantly weighing pros and cons inside her head when she is trying to figure out what it is that she really wants. She likes to look at the bigger picture instead of just what it is that is in front of her face at the moment, but still has trouble getting beyond her own feelings when making those decisions. With the constant trouble of trying to decide if she really wants to be with somebody who does bad. "Gideon loved being Gideon, having people fear him" or the good guy that doesn't have to try hard to be good at all. Why is it that us girls always seem to fall for the bad guy? Well it's because we want some excitement in our lives, and believe me Gideon brings the excitement.

The unique twist to other romantic, teen triangles out there today is the authors approach to angels. In this story there are 2 angels that look over her but they are called Grandinians and Grantinians. But Abigail is no regular human being either. There is a huge inner struggle that she goes through trying to make the best decisions in this story and the reader will never quite know what direction she is going to go. There were a handful of parts where I thought that Abigail was over thinking things and I just wanted her to act on her emotions, but it was also interesting to see her thought process and how much unselfish thoughts she was considering before making rash decisions.

I think that people who enjoyed reading L.A. Weatherly's Angel Burn
may enjoy this book as well. It's a very thought provoking book and you will be challenge against the common idea that angels represent good, and therefore are only good.

Comments