Interview Guest Post Kat Green author of Strings



 

Book Blurb
The rise of the Black Eagles was meteoric, from band practice in the garage to global stars almost overnight.
And Melissa Webb, the beautiful girlfriend of the front man, appeared to have it all.
But when Luke Black disappears without a trace and Melissa wakes up in a hospital bed after a savage attack, her perfect world is shattered and their lives are plunged into a potentially deadly crisis.
Where is Luke, and can he be found before it is too late?




Author Biography
Kat Green - Author Kat Green was born Nov 1979 into a military family, and moved around alot during her childhood. This shaped her into the person she is today. At ease with meeting new people and adapting to new surroundings. Her family roots are from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Kat now lives with her husband and son on the south coast of England, Portsmouth. She doesn't pretend to be the best, and is still growing as a writer and having fun along the way. She loves books and has a busy imagination. Her love for music plays a big part in her first nove, Strings, and she can be found mainly at gigs around the UK. In 2010 she lost her mother to blood cancer and it was time to put her words on a page and stop worrying about what people might say, 'Life is too short and precious to waste' is her motto. Writing is her passion and her escape. If you like what she does, she says 'Thank you!' For those who don't, she says 'Thanks for giving her a chance.'



                                          Interview
1.What are your ambitions for your writing career?
I just want people to read the stories I create and enjoy them. I try not to think too much beyond that. I would love to be able to do it full time, sitting and writing as a full time job would be perfect. If I can sell a million copies one day and get Strings made into a movie that would be amazing. But I’m just taking every day as it comes. I’m grateful for those who have already read it and enjoyed it.


2.Which writers inspire you?
So many, but if I have to choose one, Cassandra Clare at the moment. I am just finishing The Mortal Instruments and I thought they were brilliant. I did go through a Dean Koontz stage a few years back.


3.Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
I believe Melissa is a strong character but still having that kind, sweet personality. She doesn’t look for trouble and would prefer everything to be perfect. But, stands up and fights when the need arises. She is a pussy cat until provoke and then she is a Lion who will protect those she loves without fear.


4.What are you working on at the minute?
I am working on the Sequel to Strings.


5.What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
It was my first book , so, everything was new and scary. It has taken 2 years for me to finally let it go. Letting someone read it for the first time after I had finished my first draft was the hardest. In fact it was terrifying.


6.Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?
I just accept that my mind needs a break. I take a day or two out. Refresh my mind and let the ideas flow back naturally. Trying to force it won’t work.


7.For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?
I don’t mind. I have both. But there is something about turning the page of an actual book.


8.Tell us about the cover/s and how it/they came about.
My friend is a tattooist, and he was going to come up with something for me. I wanted to have Melissa on the front and the guitar, as the two are connected. It was my friend who actually came up with the idea of having the guitar over her face, but then I found a lady in Texas online who actually created the cover. The silhouette in the background was actually a last minute decision. It gives it a more sinister element. 

9.What is your favorite book and why?
I have too many books that I love. The Mortal Instruments series at the moment. Before that Twilight and The Hunger Games, and before that I hadn’t read for a while. I went through a stage of reading autobiographies and Dean Koonzt for a while. I can’t actually pick one and I have read so many. It can depend on my mood.

10.Where do the your ideas come from?
Music inspires me. I blog for unsigned bands or lesser known bands which is another passion of mine. I also love running which combined with music can be a source of my ideas. It does freak me out sometimes when I am suddenly writing something that I hadn’t planned. I don’t even know myself where some of it comes from but I do know in my heart when something is right. I have always wanted to write. I have always had a very busy imagination and I finally but my ideas onto a page.


Links

Comments